THE BIKE CLUB Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, firm registration number 747044.
SECTION 1 - Your information
What do we do with your data?
We use your information to make sure your membership with us is the best it can be. This includes things like:
- Improving our products and services for you and other members, making sure everyone gets the best experience, performing market research to understand our members views and personalising our experiences to make our service more intuitive & engaging;
- Keeping you up-to-date and informed and responding to your enquiries promptly and efficiently
- Legal, regulatory or business reasons such as assisting with crime and fraud prevention, assessing credit risk and service provision
How long do we keep your data?
We keep information while you're a member and after you've left us. We use your information to provide you with the products and services you have selected and for a variety of other reasons.
In each case, the length of time that we need to keep the information may be different, but we will only keep the information for as long as we need it.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We share your information in the following situations:
- With partners, suppliers, agents and subcontractors who help us deliver the products and services you've chosen to use;
- When you have provided your consent;
- When we have legal or regulatory requirements.
What data do we hold?
We collect information in two ways:
- Directly from you, such as information filled in within application or registration forms, surveys and community posts;
- From 3rd parties, such as information from credit reference agencies and fraud protection agencies.
What information do we collect?
You are free to browse the Website without providing any personal data (although, please see the "Cookies" section below). Our primary goal in collecting Personal Data is to provide you with a personalised service. The information we collect about our customers helps us personalise and continually improve our customers' experience at our Website and their experience of services provided by us and our affiliates. We collect the following types of information:
- Web page http headers (home server domain names, IP address, type of client computer, and type of Web browser)
- Information provided by you through on-line forms, loan applications, surveys, and/or other entries, such as names, email addresses, home addresses, date of birth, personal or demographic information
- Information, user specific or aggregate, on what pages our visitors access
- Automatic information and cookies (See also the "Cookies" section below)
- Information about your transactions with us, such as payment history, and information you provide when you contact our customer services team
- Information we receive from our affiliates, and from third parties, such as credit reference agencies, consumer reporting agencies and other lenders, regarding creditworthiness and credit history
- The email addresses of visitors that communicate with The Bike Club Limited via email
SECTION 2 - Your rights
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice);
- To update your personal data. You can update or amend your information by getting in touch;
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain it;
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required;
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- To review some automated decision-making or profiling (automated processing to determine certain things about you);
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
SECTION 3 - Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If, after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SECTION 4 - Marketing and communications
You'll always receive information relating to your account, but you can also opt in to receive our newsletter. We will not sell your information, and we will never give your information to a third party for marketing unless you have expressly given us your permission. However, we may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 5 - Squarespace
Our store is hosted on Squarespace. They provide us with the online platform. For more insight, you may also want to read Squarespace's Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement on their website.
SECTION 6 - Third-Party Services
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 7 - Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us on email@example.com